6 Tips to impove your email marketing campaigns
Not only is email marketing cost-effective and time efficient it enables businesses the power to reach customers in a place most people visit every day — their inbox. Unfortunately most email inboxes can be congested, filled to the brim with uninteresting, generic emails that get overlooked. Here are our top 6 tips to help your emails cut through the noise and get noticed.
1. Don’t Waffle. Your customers are busy so don’t overwhelm them with long paragraphs of copy. Keep emails concise and break up your content with subheadings and bullet points to allow subscribers to scan it quickly. Only email when you have something truly valuable or helpful to say or you will start to see customers unsubscribing.
2. A picture is worth a 1000 words. Humans are wired to respond to visuals. Boring design won’t cut it in email marketing, and although it’s important not to go overboard with imagery, dynamic design can be the difference between your emails being read and being deleted.
3. Be Friendly. No one likes feeling like they are being marketed to. Email is a personable space, so use a casual tone, and consider your emails to be a way of talking to your customers rather then selling.
4. Check your Stats. Most email marketing services (ie Mailchimp) have free reporting features. Pay attention to your open and click rates and any patterns that make numbers go up or down. If you experience a spike of unsubscribes take note so that you can avoid the same mistake in the future.
5. No one likes Spam. To avoid having your email marked as spam, ensure that you have permission from the customer to receive your emails. Always have an unsubscribe button at the bottom of the page.
6. Proofread & Test. Typos and inaccuracies in your email-marketing copy can hurt your credibility with subscribers. Before you eagerly send your email campaign out to cyberspace, check for any layout/text issues by sending a test you your inbox. Also ensure that your email looks sexy on both Desktop and Mobile devices.
If you would like any further advice or any design work for your next email campaign, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org